I've gotten some great suggestions and I thank all of you. However, I need
to clarify something - this is to be a comprehensive midterm and final and
they must stand on its own. I am teaching a Georgia GLOBE course (or
e-core) for the Board of Regents. The BOR decided to create a series of
courses that a student could take on-line to obtain their core. Individuals
were hired to create an on-line course and they were told that they had
certain restrictions to follow (for example, the buttons and location of
materials had to be the same for all of the courses). One of the
restrictions was that every student had to take a proctored exam. An intro
to psych course was created - not by me. I am one of the first people who
is teaching an e-core course that has not had a hand in developing said
course (and that is harder than it sounds!). One of the things I must do is
give a proctored midterm and a final (in addition to chapter quizzes) - the
value of which has already been set (again, not by me). The midterm and
final are separate from the chapter quizzes. Since I have never given one,
I just wanted to know what was reasonable.
Deb

Dr. Deborah S. Briihl
Dept. of Psychology and Counseling
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA 31698
(229) 333-5994
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
chiron.valdosta.edu/dbriihl/

Well I know these voices must be my soul...
Rhyme and Reason - DMB