Craig,
I was diagnosed over 3 years ago.    I was paralyzed from my shoulder blades to
my toes.    With steroids and massive physical therapy, I walk around the house
sometimes unassisted, sometimes with my cane.   I use a wheelchair for any
distance walking.      I was 60 when I was struck with TM.    Many of the
others were
in their 40's, 50's, and 60's.    We also have some children that have TM.
My doc's have told me where, specifically, my spinal cord damage is, but, like
you,
I don't pay much attention to it.    I just keep on persistently exercising my
legs and being in rehab.    Rehab is a tremendous help to me.     I also see a
pain-management
doctor for nerve pain and pain from severe arthritis in my lower back.    Nerve
pain and arthritis really irritate each other!

The doctors could find no reason for my getting TM.    They said most people
who get it have had a really bad cold or severe flu a couple of weeks before.
I had neither.
The banding is a tight, squeezing feeling on some part of the body parts with
TM.    Mine is minimal, but some of us have a lot of pain with it.    Don't
know why it
occurs.   Keep us posted on how you are doing - especially with your hands now
being a problem.     Great hearing from you again.
Janice