Hi David,

umpf, the screenshots are looking strange.

I would like to get a connection on this machine,
to fire up my debugger and see, what's going on.
But I guess that this is not possible, isn't it?
So I would like you to send me the bytes I'm looking for.

Please download and install Wireshark(.org) network analyzer.
Start a capturing session in _not promiscuous mode_ (otherwise
you may run into trouble with you lawyer) and set the filter to port 23.
Open Client Access and connect to machine.
You should now have captured the bytes from your as400's login screen.
Stop capturing in Wireshark, save it and send me the captured data.

As long as you don't do other things, I only will get the data
from the login screen, no passwords nor other sensitive data.

And please, what is the system's CCSID (QCCSID sysval)?

Regards
 Martin