On 11 Aug 2004, at 17:14, Mladen Turk wrote:

Hi all,

We've finished the initial development of extended mod_proxy.
Since the development took place at jakata-tomcat-connectors,
the source code can be found under ajp/proxy.

Here is the list of major features added:
3. Added new module proxy_balancer

What's wrong with:

ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8888/
ProxyPreserveHost On
RewriteMap hosts rnd:/opt/apache/conf/tables/hosts.map
RewriteRule "^/(.*)" "${hosts:live}/$1" [P,L]

It's in there already, and it works great (I even have a couple of CGIs reading and building up that table, enabling, disabling and prioritizing hosts).

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ApacheModProxy
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LoadBalancingWithModProxy

Pier