Bill Barker wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jess Holle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Web apps vs. Logging vs. Tomcat

Just one more stupid question:

How/where would I register/deregister (start/stop) MBeans at the
Tomcat level for the Tomcat-level log4j LoggerRepository -- rather
than in my ServletContextListener?

Sounds like a good use for conf/tomcat5-mbeans.xml. It invokes the standard
Lifecycle methods (e.g. 'init', 'start', 'stop', 'destroy') of your MBeans
at the corresponding points of the Engine's Lifecycle, as well as handling
JMX registration and un-registration.

Cool!  Thanks!

Do I have to actually implement Lifecycle or just provide these methods? Will a standard/dynamic MBean do or does it have to be a model MBean? [Mine extend StandardMBean and implement MBeanRegistration at the moment.]

--
Jess Holle