Hi Craig,
When did Sun incorporate JAVA 3D into the core classes -- if I read your post
correctly?

regard,

mike anderson

Craig O'Brien wrote:

> Hello forsythe,
>
> I recommend downloading the Java 1.3 SDK.  I believe it is final now..?  It
> outperforms earlier versions and would be the best choice for your server.
> If you are downloading at 56k - ...oh well, just do it.  It also includes
> all of the latest features (java 2d, java 3d, java media, etc.)  It is
> stable and is a good performer. You need a good compiler for JSP pages.
>
> For applets, you are stuck with 1.1 and earlier if you want the majority of
> your visitors to make use of them.  The plug in is a 2-3 meg download and it
> is unreasonable to expect a visitor to download that.  There is also a bug
> in Sun's delivery system currently which doesn't allow Internet Explorer to
> download the plug in anyway.  You will receive the latest plug in with your
> version 1.3.  You can still compile your applets with depreciated methods.
> You can install multiple JDKs of different versions on the same machine.
>
> Good luck,
> Craig

begin:vcard
n:Anderson;Michael
tel;pager:510-872-1085
tel;cell:510-681-4982
tel;fax:925-681-0173
tel;home:N/A
tel;work:510-644-2966
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eye-go.com/
org:Eye-go.com;IT
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:CTO
adr;quoted-printable:;;2477 Virginia Street=0D=0ASuite 305=0D=0A;Berkeley;CA;94709;USA
fn:Michael G.Anderson
end:vcard