I'm hoping you are either:

a) Not running them at the same time or
b) changing the port numbers they are listening on so they don't try taking the same port numbers already being used by other running tomcat services.

I suspect a collision of Tomcat's trying to grab the same ports. If this isn't the case, take a look at [tomcat_home]/logs/catalina.out for any exceptions to explain the problem.

--David

CLEMENT Eric wrote:

Hello,
I've just downloaded and installed both release of Tomcat.
In the same environment(ie 6, Win XP and jsdk 1.4), Tomcat 3.3.1 is running,
Tomcat 4.1.29 doesn't (Tomcat 5.0.18 neither)
can anyone help me?

Eric Clément
230 Rue Marcelin Berthelot
ZI Toulon Est - La Garde - BP 68