From: Chong Yu Meng [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 11:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat and HTTPD on the same box: What's the best mod_jk2
protocol?

Hi Andrew !

Oops ! I should have told you also that the Fedora packages do not work
on RHEL. Some people already tried it.

Hmm... that's odd. Did you install the devel package for httpd also ?

Regards,
pascal chong

Clute, Andrew wrote:

I took a look at your document, and tried to follow it, but I couldn't all of the way.

You talked about need the apr packages, but those are not an option for

install with RHEL3. I downloaded the packages for Fedora, but it would not install because of the following error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] apr]# rpm -ivh apr-0.9.4-2.i386.rpm
[100%]
file /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0.9.4 from install of apr-0.9.4-2 conflicts with file from package httpd-2.0.46-32.ent

Looks like the httpd package that commes with RHEL already includes that file.