Remy Maucherat wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:17:28 -0800, Kevin A. Burton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

- For all my JSPs I fetch them with the URL foo.jsp?jsp_precompile=true
to trigger precompilation

How many JSPs must be compiled to cause problems ?

About 50 or so... it changes every time. Sometimes I have to trigger a precompile twice.

Note that the VM still shows plenty of memory so I'm not sure what the
heck is going on here. I also looked at our file handles and they seem
fine too.

In that kind of situation, a profiler will have to be used. All I can
tell right now is that it has nothing to do with the Java compilation,
which is not very surprising.

Why is it then that doing a ?jsp_precompile=true for all my JSPs and NO other action causes this?

For really large web applications, I think you should precompile as
many JSPs as possible anyway, as a JSP compiled dynamically will
always use more resources (even if there is no bug in Jasper).

Well thats probably an approach we will take but its unfortunate.

If i had a profiler I would connect it to figure out whats going on but I'm really not happy with any of them.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/