Dale, Matt wrote:

I've not been following this thread but my guess would be that you are running out of space in the permanent generation of the heap. Get a hold of jvmstat from sun and run visualgc on your JVM, it should become obvious then which pool is running out of space.

God!  How pathetic is this:

http://java.sun.com/performance/jvmstat/#Download

This distribution of the jvmstat tools requires J2SE 5.0 with the HotSpot JVM.

So now I have to upgrade all our VMs to JDK 5.0 even though earlier versions of jvmstat supported JDK 1.4.

Brilliant... who's the marketing genius that though of this one!?

... and of course they don't link to archival versions.

The SUN  has set my friends ;-)

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/