> 5. And what if you have a problem that is not in the
> documentation (99% of
> the problem with Tomcat are not even mentioned in the
> documentation)? I guess
> the only way is to post in the mailing list. And guess what
> happens if nobody
> has experienced this problem before? You have to start
> wasting your time
> again.

Hello!!! Ever heard of the archives?!?!  Just about any question
you could imagine are out there.  Sometimes you have to work for
your money not just get it handed to you on a silver platter.

> I really think that TOMCAT is OK for testing purposes. Trust
> me - for complex
> configurations it sucks.
> If you want to use a good production application server -
> take a look at
> WebLogic, Resin, Allaire JRun, etc.

Weblogic... slower than molasses unless configured just right
            and REALLY overkill (especially financially) unless
            you have a complex ORB model.
Resin...... Haven't worked with it can't say much.
JRun....... Costs money and have to say it quite suspicious that
            so many developers are moving from it to tomcat?!?!

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com