On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Arnold Shore wrote:

> Well, you can always ask for your money back.
>
> But I note that per the Tomcat intro, "... Tomcat is the official
> Reference Implementation ..."
>
> A reference implementation has never been intended as a production
> version, but rather a version from which a lot of learning can be
> had - both for developers and users.  See some W3C discussion on
> this topic.
[ ... ]

FWIW, even though Tomcat is the reference implementation of the
servlet spec, I think the intention is to have it be production
quality.  That kinds of makes sense, it being part of Apache.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]