You must restart Tomcat for the changes to take effect.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel Rochas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 11:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Authentication with Tomcat 3.2 and IIS4

Hello,

Ok, I am now able to prompt for a dialog box, asking for username and
password. So far, exactly what I wanted.

I have configured a user in the file /conf/tomcat-users.xml according to
the role defined in the role defined in the security constraint for the
application.
The trouble is that Jakarta does not regognize any of the defined user
and I can't access the page. Can somebody tell me why? Should I make
further changes in other config files?

Sincerly
Samuel

--
SWIPe Software Engineering & Project Management GmbH

Solutions with Individual Profile

Web: http://www.swipe.de