> Ok, I apologize for the traffic.

No reason to apologize for anything. This is a perfectly valid question.

> Here goes, when you build the database objects, it hardcodes in the
> database name that exists in your schema.xml. The code is in the
> doBuild() method of the  ${Table}MapBuild.java
>
> public void doBuild() throws TorqueException
>     {
>         dbMap = Torque.getDatabaseMap("defaultdb");
>
> Therefore when you query against a different database, the table names
> never get added to the tables hash for that database.
>
> I would consider this a bug as I don't think this would affect only me.
> Should I report it to the dev mailing list or something. Not sure of the
> etiquette there.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, I need to think about it. If i
remember correctly, the database name is used for the database connection
(including credentials) and the table layout. Probably there are some cases
where this wants to be treated differently.

But please open a jira issue on this (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa), so it will not be
forgotten.

    Thomas