I'd just like to add my vote for this happening sooner or later. One
thing we did to workaround some of those requirements is to add a custom
field called Verified. Its a checkbox so we can kind of get the same
functionality as an actual verified state...

Maybe this can work for you too? Trac is very cool (we just deployed it)
and moving fast so I wouldn't switch unless you have to.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Greg Dickie