Dear Rainer,

>From your email I gather that what you would like to do is chain Apache
authentication mechanisms together.  Allowing failure to 'fall through'
to a lower module.  I believe that you can do this using the directive:

AuthLDAPAuthoritate off

Then specifying additional directives related to either basic
authentication
using htpasswd or some other authentication module (e.g. mod_auth_dbm).
I believe the order of these modules is determined by their load order
so
be careful.

Another possibility that I consider a little too complex (and too
experimental) is to use a local OpenLDAP server as a 'meta-directory'
where in addition to pointing to the AD contents it has it's own
directory structure containing local users.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie