>From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] True or False Test
>Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:41:35 -0400
>
>Glenn wrote:
> > No one is perfect as Jesus was perfect.
>
>That is your opinion, but the Bible disagrees with you.
>
>"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is
>righteous, even as he is righteous." (1 John 3:7)
>
>"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; YET NOT I, BUT CHRIST
>LIVETH IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith
>of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal. 2:20)
>
>"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he
>walked." (1 John 2:6)

Michael D:  Br. Glenn, I see many scriptures that point us to perfect righteousness before God. Have I attained it? No, not yet, but God provided for it. That's why I asked the questions that I did, to probe for some Biblical perspective on the discussion.

The scripture says we must walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. It also said that we being dead to sin should live unto righteousness.   I John 3 says that Jesus was revealed to put away sin, and that he who abides in Him sinneth not. There are others that can be referenced.

This is where the question of what is perfection comes in. If it's sinless perfection, then that is what God expects. In I John 2, John wrote so that the believers would not sin. He said though, that IF any sin, we have an advocate... The espectation here is sinlessness.

One might say well how come so many seem not to be able to be sinless??? I would say that people only exercise faith for what they think is achievable. If one thinks he can't help but sin, he is doomed to sin all of his life. If he believes that through the Spirit he can do all things through Christ who strengthens him, then he will be in the place  to tap into that grace for holiness. Remember, Jesus said that he who hungers and thirsts for righteousness shall be filled. The other part of that is our desire. Am I really willing to deny myself and crucify the flesh to please God? To me, that's where the rubber really meets the road. If we're not, then we are denying the Christ life that is in us.

>Peace be with you.

David Miller.

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access! Click Here ---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed. If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.