Slade wrote:
> It was not the breaking of Shabbat that caused his stoning,
> it was the INTENTIONAL SIN that killed him.

Welcome to TruthTalk, Slade.

Are you saying that breaking Shabbat is not a capital offense?  How do you
understand the following verses?

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you:
every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth
any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Exo 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of
rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he
shall surely be put to death.

If I have read this law of God, and I build a fire in my fireplace on a cold
Saturday morning, have I sinned?  Should I be put to death?  Yes or no?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA