Terry wrote:
> What you say sounds real good, but it just
> doesn't add up.  Those instructions are written
> in the Bible for a reason, and that reason is
> not that we should dismiss them as being the
> tools of legalists.

This is exactly why I said, "Nobody should tear out either the New
Testament or the Old Testament.  What we should try and do is understand
that both are spiritual."  You are simply repeating what I have said,
but for some reason saying that it doesn't add up.

The law is like learning the alphabet in preparation for reading.  Once
you begin reading, the mechanics of reading are not so strict.  Someone
might complain about your stroke being wrong with regard to how the
letter is suppose to look (maybe you write in cursive and the critic
thinks it should not be cursive), but if the words can still be read,
you may go on without too much regard for the criticism.

Terry wrote:
> They gave instructions..We follow those instructions,
> as best we can.

Right.  All their instructions, not just some of their instructions.
Some of their instruction is that the law is spiritual, that
righteousness does not come through the law, that the handwriting of
ordinances of the law were against us and so Christ nailed it to the
cross, that there has been a disannulling of the commandment concerning
the Aaronic priesthood, that apostles broke the commandments of the
authorities concerning Sabbath and were guiltless, etc.  We can't just
take part of their teachings and disregard the rest of it.  My position
consolidates all the teachings together without ignoring any part of
them.

Terry wrote:
> Your freedom does not make you free
> to disobey when you feel the urge.

I agree whole heartedly.  Paul too had those that misunderstood him, and
so he wrote in Romans, "... shall we sin, because we are not under the
law, but under grace? God forbid" (Romans 6:15).

Paul also explained further concerning this freedom we have:

Gal 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not
liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

So how do you understand the apostles breaking the Sabbath teachings of
the authorities when they plucked ears of corn to eat?  Do you agree
that they were not "obeying God rather than men"?

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.