In a message dated 3/23/2004 6:52:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John, Funny you would bring up GlasserâI stumbled upon his theories in nursing school, and he made more sense than all the others put together. He acted as if there was no such thing as âinsanityâ and treated the patients as if they were capable of behaving normally, and they often did exactly that. One of the few things I still rememberâ.Izzy

What I liked about him was the fact that his counseling method was a type of directive counseling.   He would present a solution to the clients problem and then give that individual a schedule for confronting those problems.  Although I am no longer a paid and professional pastor,  the work of pastor remains an avocation.   And, as I see the scripture, God has given us the greatest of advise and guidance and He expects us to put that advice into practice  --  and much of Glasser's approach mirrors that effort.   Glasser is an admitted unbeliever, so caution is a key consideration.

God bless

John