In a message dated 3/23/2004 7:46:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Thanks, John. Welcome Back. And you get a smiley face {:>)

Hey, you mentioned an interest in conscience theory, and you expressed your opposition to secular psychology. Do you have Ed Bulkley, Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology (Eugene, OR: Harvest House, 1993)? Bulkley was a prof of mine at university. He raises some valid concerns. If you don't already have it, I think this book may be a helpful addition to your inquiry.

Bill Taylor

thanks for the tip.  I want you to know that I do not dismiss psychology out of hand, but there is comparative little that I respect.   Anyone who has taken first year psy has at least one text book that presents the various approaches of the psychology of counseling as a unified mental health science.   The truth is that Foster, Freud, Yerkes, Glasser, Wundt, et al, disagree substantially with each other.   And, in the real world of psychology counseling, therapeutic appraoches are as numerous as individual authors.    Because of that fact, I personally regard little of psychology as science.     Anyway, just know that I try to avoid my own bias when I when I read.   Change is really not possible if we do not so resist.   Thanks again for the reference and thank you to the others who have given me some direction on this.

John Smithson