Izzy: guess I’m confusing what you believe with the sort of thing that Paul spoke
about when he taught at the statue to the Unknown God. Didn’t the Romans
have multiple gods when Jesus walked on the earth?

TPW: The Romans had their gods, the Celts, the Teutons, the Egyptians, the Gauls, and pretty much everyone else had their own tribal gods. Really, when God Incarnate walked the earth, Other people had their own faith and their own ways.

Izzy: So you believe in some multiple gods that are still living? Where are they?
Does your religion have any solution for the evil in people, or does it care?
(As you know that is the main issue with Christianity-a solution for sin.)

TPW: Well, to those believing, they are in what's known as "Asgard". Which would be our version of heaven.But also in the hearts and wills of the practionner who seeks to emulate their attributes. I mean while your God is in "heaven", don't he also reside in your heart?

As for "sin", we don't have that concept since it's an exclusive to the judeo-christian faiths.However we know that all things that a man does, whether good or bad will come back to aid him or harm him.

Izzy: What did/do your parents think of this? Aren’t they RCC? (So were mine.)

TPW: Living in Quebec, most people lived under the RCC rule and influence, but with time that withered to nothing as people smelled the bull coming out of them (this was known as the "quiet revolution") My parents were baptized as children as they did with me when I was but a mere infant.

My father is agnostic. My mother came back to her roots a while later although for many years she was a regular church-goer, she also partook in much of the church activities, but also remembered the old ways.

Both are supportive of my ways. And with my father's help and my diligent research were were able to shed light on another branch of our family history (father is a genealogy buff).

Izzy: No problem. Obviously there ARE rebukers on TT. I hope not to be one of them.

TPW: So far you haven't done a thing that remotely ressembles their behaviour. I will even say that you are civil and show true curiosity about who we are while still disagreeing with our ways.
That is most commendable.

TPW

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought
to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org