In a message dated 1/13/2005 7:14:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'm not sure I understand how you are understanding this passage.  What does
"assurance of salvation" or a "guaranteed ticket to heaven" have to do with
the effect of the conscience upon the mind?  I have full assurance of
salvation, but this description of thoughts (reasonings of the mind) either
accusing or else excusing one another describes exactly what goes on among
believers, ESPECIALLY ON TRUTHTALK!   :-)

You might go back in time a little, David, and acquaint yourself with the thread.  It should be rather obvious what is being said.

John