David Miller wrote:
All Christians can trace their roots back
to the time of Constantine.

DAVEH wrote:
I think you are a bit off on that comment, DavidM.
The RCC and Protestants not only trace their roots
back to the time of Constantine, but have found
themselves huddled beneath the umbrella of doctrines
covered with his fingerprints.   I believe that by the
time of Constantine, the apostasy was complete, and
hence the authority to act in the Lord's behalf was lost.
That left the field wide open to political figures intervening
in doctrinal theology.  That is why we (LDS) do not make
that claim.  From our perspective, our religious roots predate
that time frame........which is why Mormonism is not rooted
in Catholicism or Protestantism.

Again, I'm talking about from the perspective of historical Christianity. You may not want to trace your roots through Roman Catholicism back to the time of Constantine, but any historian can do it, and you could too if you allowed yourself to do it.

What you are saying here, however, is that you want to skip over history. Your idea that Mormonism is rooted in something prior to either Catholicism or Protestantism is nothing but fantasy. It is like the schizophrenic claiming that he is Napoleon or God. And you wonder why most Christians do not consider you guys to be Christian? Here you are practically admitting that you are not Christian. :-) Can't you see that?