Hi,

I'm looking at using remote caching but currently can't get the server to run.

I checked the JCS project out of CVS and built it using maven.

The src/scripts/startRemoteCache.bat sscript is for windows so I rewrote it for linux. It didn't run because there was no org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.group.RemoteGroupCacheServerFactory class in the maven built jcs-1.0-dev.jar, so I tried org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory instead. That didn't run because there was no RMI stub class for RemoteCacheServer. Not knowing how to modify the maven project to run rmic I wrote an Ant script to do it.

the getGroupKeys method declared in IRemoteCacheService wasn't declared properly. After changing to have IOException in its throws clause rmic successfully generated the stub.

So now when trying to start the cache server passing the absolute path of a cache.ccf file as it's only parameter I get the following exception:

at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:59)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:84)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:73)
at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:184)
at org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:203)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.createCacheManager(RemoteCacheServer.java:186)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.init(RemoteCacheServer.java:158)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.<init>(RemoteCacheServer.java:145)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.startup(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:152)
at org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteCacheServerFactory.java:283)

Is this because it can't find the config file I specified on the command line or some other properties file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff