Hi,

> So now when trying to start the cache server passing the absolute path
> of a cache.ccf file as it's only parameter I get the following exception:

>         at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:59)
>         at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:84)
>         at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:73)
>         at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:184)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCache
Manager.java:203)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.createCacheManager(
RemoteCacheServer.java:186)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.init(RemoteCacheSer
ver.java:158)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer.<init>(RemoteCacheS
erver.java:145)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.startup(Remo
teCacheServerFactory.java:152)
>         at

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(RemoteC
acheServerFactory.java:283)

> Is this because it can't find the config file I specified on the command
> line or some other properties file?
Maybe. Do you have the properties file within your class path? It must be on
top-level, because it
gets read with the reader associated with the implementing class.

With regards,
  Christian