Martin,

personal preferences here: I'd rather not make it allowable to pass the
build with a bad test. Seriously it's a motivation for either coding the
tests right and having a stable product.

If you want to see what the current behaviour of something is, when I do
it, i simply write to system out what it is that I'm interested in as part
of the test, rather than placing it in an assert statement.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    Martin van den

                    Bemt                 To:     Turbine Maven Developers List

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    et>                  cc:

                                         Subject:     Test behaviour

                    05/30/02 01:00

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Turbine

                    Maven

                    Developers

                    List"

Hi everyone,

The default test behaviour of maven is to fail the build,
Since I don't want that in some cases, since I am failing tests
intentionally  (why?? : I am writing testcases for something I don't
know the intended behaviour of and the current behaviour strikes me as
odd or buggy, I will write the test as I see fit, and ask someone who
knows to get it the it's supposed to be -; hope you still with me..)

For this to work I have attached a patch, which allows a property to be
set in your favorit properties file. Default behaviour is still to fail
the test though..

Have fun..

Mvgr,
Martin

(See attached file: dontfailontests.diff)--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>