> I've still got some decisions to make such as FastCGI vs mod_python -
> anybody have the pro's and con's between these two?

My experience with setting up shared hosts tells me this: FastCGI is
slow but works with SuEXEC so is secure. mod_python is fast but all
processes run as the Apache user - draw your own conclusions from this.

What really solves the problem is the Apache Perchild MPM - mod_* speed
with suexec capabilities. Unfortunately for some unfathomable reason
perchild isn't finished and isn't being developed :'(

Is this accurate?

-Rob