Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Robin Haswell wrote:
>
>>>I've still got some decisions to make such as FastCGI vs mod_python -
>>>anybody have the pro's and con's between these two?
>>
>>My experience with setting up shared hosts tells me this: FastCGI is
>>slow but works with SuEXEC so is secure. mod_python is fast but all
>>processes run as the Apache user - draw your own conclusions from this.
>

> Not considering benchmarks of "hello-world" style apps, is
> FastCGI/SCGI/mod_proxy really noticably slower than using mod_python for
> real applications?

My experience is really only with PHP, where the statup times are quite
high (PHP doesn't have the concept of runtime module selection as such).
However I can't imagine any situations where FCGID would be quicker than
mod_python, as mod_python's python interpreter runs within the Apache
process itself.