Yep - that did the trick,
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Budinsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26. marts 2007 19:12
To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: SDO Java M3 Release Candidate RC1

You need to get your DataFactory from the HelperContext:

DataObject documentDataObject = hc.getDataFactory().create(namespace,
               "DocumentRoot");

You should generally stop using INSTANCE fields in all cases, because
they
are probably going to be deprecated in the next version of SDO.
HelperContext is the replacement. It defines a metadata scope, so you
should always use it to get the helpers for your scope.

Frank.

"Christian Landbo Frederiksen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote on 03/26/2007 01:01:00 PM:

> In M2 & M3 this works for a specific schema:
>
> XSDHelper.INSTANCE.define(new String(xsdFile.getBytes("UTF-8")));
> DataObject documentDataObject = DataFactory.INSTANCE.create(namespace,
>                "DocumentRoot");
>
> But this doesn't
>
> HelperContext hc = SDOUtil.createHelperContext(true);
> hc.getXSDHelper().define(new String(xsdFile.getBytes("UTF-8")));
>
> DataObject documentDataObject = DataFactory.INSTANCE.create(namespace,
>                "DocumentRoot");
>

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>    at

org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.DataFactoryImpl.create(DataFactoryImpl.jav
> a:63)
>    at

org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.DataFactoryImpl.create(DataFactoryImpl.jav
> a:46)
>    at

sandbox.TestTypeChangesAndExtensibleNamespaces.generate(TestTypeChangesA
> ndExtensibleNamespaces.java:153)
>    at

sandbox.TestTypeChangesAndExtensibleNamespaces.main(TestTypeChangesAndEx

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1113?page=com.atlassian.ji

https://webmail.topnordic.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://issues.a

http://people.apache.org/~kelvingoodson/sdo_java/M3/RC1/<http://people.a