Hi Erich,

I generated code from your schema and tried the following lines of code,
which executed without failure ...

*public* *void* testErichsProblem() *throws* Exception {

 PublicationDataGraph pdg =
ServicesFactory.*INSTANCE*.createPublicationDataGraph();

 DataObject dob = (DataObject)pdg;
 ChangeSummary cs = dob.getChangeSummary();
 cs.beginLogging();
}

does this represent a distilled version of your scenario?

Regards,Kelvin