Hi Ron

I am running WebSphere 5.1 application server. You
were right! Setting the System Property resolved my
problems.

I totally agree about the need of bringing in more
light into this subject. Not sure yet whether it is a
EMF or a Tuscany issue.

Thanks very much
Erich

PS: The change summary still contains NO changes,
despite I changed an attribute after turning on
logging...

--- Ron Gavlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Erich,
>
> What appserver are you using? If you set the
> following system property
> on the appserver's JVM at startup
> "org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE =
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageRegistryImpl",
> does that resolve the
> problem?
>
> See mail thread

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-user/200606.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

> for additional details. Setting the appserver JVM
> property served as a
> workaround for me, however it does completely
> disable the default
> delegating classloader EMF registry. This delegating
> registry was
> apparently specifically designed to work in the IBM
> WebSphere
> application server. Without the delegating registry,
> every Tuscany app
> running in your appserver shares the same EMF/SDO
> type registry which
> may or may not cause you major problems.
>
> We should probably open a JIRA with Eclipse EMF
> and/or Tuscany to
> improve type registry handling in complex
> classloader environments.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Ron
>
> Erich Rueede wrote:
> > Hi Kelvin
> >
> > Yes, this partly represents my szenario. It works
> for
> > me in a standalone JVM. It works also within a
> simple
> > servlet szenario. It doesn't work in a servlet/ejb
> > szenario when I run an initialization step when
> > starting up the ejb module such as:
> >
> > HelperContext hc =
> HelperProvider.getDefaultContext();
> > Factory.INSTANCE.register(hc);
> >
> > This initialization is required in order to have
> all
> > types registered for subsequent rmi/iiop calls.
> Btw,
> > without having a datagraph in my SDO hierarchy, it
> all
> > works fine, even in the servlet/ejb szenario.
> >
> > If I omit the initialization step in the ejb, the
> > servlet works fine but the ejb fails when
> > deserializing the serialized datagraph.
> >
> > To me this looks like something (the change
> package)
> > registered during the ejb initialization in the
> global
> > registry is not visible to the servlet afterwards.
> >
> > Thanks Erich
> > --- kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi Erich,
> >>
> >> I generated code from your schema and tried the
> >> following lines of code,
> >> which executed without failure ...
> >>

> >> *public* *void* testErichsProblem() *throws*
> >> Exception {
> >>
> >>   PublicationDataGraph pdg =

ServicesFactory.*INSTANCE*.createPublicationDataGraph();

> >>   DataObject dob = (DataObject)pdg;
> >>   ChangeSummary cs = dob.getChangeSummary();
> >>   cs.beginLogging();
> >> }
> >>
> >> does this represent a distilled version of your
> >> scenario?
> >>
> >> Regards,Kelvin

> >> following

> >> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";

> >> xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

> >> name="PublicationDataGraph">

> >> base="sdo:BaseDataGraphType">

> >> <xsd:element name="test"

> >> name="ModifyPublicationInput"

> >> name="PublicationDataGraph"

> following

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.ChangePackage$Literals.<clinit>(

> >> try

> >> java.lang.Class.initialize(Class.java:345)

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.impl.ChangeDescriptionImpl.getObjectChanges(

=== message truncated ===