Just wondering if anybody out there on the list could provide some comments on
how they are using Tuscany with in their organization or are planning to within
the foreseeable future?
It would be great to get an understanding of whether anybody plans to use
Tuscany in production within the foreseeable timeframe, are merely evaluating
it for various prototypes, are currently looking at it for high-level research.
Getting a high-level understanding of what kinds and solutions are trying to be
solved with Tuscany would be great also. Providing this kind of information
IMHO would really help to give a sense of how people are envisioning the use of
Tuscany and how/when people are considering Tuscany to be used as a product
that is ready for "prime time use", like spring, and other ubiquitous
open-source products.

As an example of the kind of information that I think would be beneficial to
many on the list I will go first.

Currently working for a consulting firm with a major financial services
Institute in Canada to implement a mix of retail and commercial banking
services. We plan to go into production by the end of this quarter, we have
finished the majority of implementation, conducted functional and performance
testing (with very good results) and plan to do a limited deployment with a
small subset of users within a couple of months. We are currently deploying
Tuscany on websphere 6.1, Solaris 10, and taking advantage of a combination of
Web services bindings/SDO as well as local/spring bindings. An interesting
wrinkle is that we are also basing all of our service interfaces on the IFX
banking standard, which breaks SDO in a couple of places.

Thanks in advance for sharing

regards

Jeff

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are
confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from
your system. Thank you.

Information confidentielle: Le présent message, ainsi que tout
fichier qui y est joint, est envoyé à l'intention exclusive de son
ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut
constituer une information privilégiée. Nous avertissons toute
personne autre que le destinataire prévu que tout examen,
réacheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre
utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est
strictement interdit. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu,
veuillez en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour de
courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre
système. Merci.