Tim, as Kelvin mentioned, DAS would be the component handling
heterogeneous data sources, it would be the interface between the Data
(SDO Graphs) and the Data repository. From your e-mail, it looks like
you want to persist the SDO utilizing Hibernate or Spring DAO. I could
see two ways here : Having a new  DAS implementation that would
utilize this technology to persist the data (but note that Apache have
license issues with Hibernate) or refactory DAS to allow plugability
of the persistent layer (today RDB DAS uses JDBC under the covers to
persist the data to RDB).

Could you also elaborate little more on your cache question ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer