> it would be better if it was removed from the repos too, but ubuntu
> would get back some of its respect if it at least removed MONO from
> the default install like Fedora is doing.

A few questions:

a) "Respect" from whom, exactly? You? Paige?
b) Why does this matter? Is someone running a contest for "most respected Linux
distribution? Are there prizes?
c) Why don't you just go ahead, use Fedora and let Ubuntu proceed to its (in
your view) inevitable doom? Wouldn't that free up a lot of your time for more
useful things than inciting conversations a which can't really lead to any
productive result on mailing lists about distributions you don't "respect"?

A few related observations:

a) "Respect", if it matters at all, only matter coming from those who are,
themselves, worthy of respect.
b) I'd suggest that if there's any meaningful dimension to "respect", it might
be measured by the number of people who take the time to actually use a given
distro. If that's the case, Ubuntu seems to be more "respected" than Fedora.
c) I can point to plenty of things which Miguel and others have done which seem
to me to be deeply worthy of respect from my view, starting with GNOME and
working on from there. I can't think of any similarly significant contributions
from Mark Fink or from Paige Thompson. Why would I "respect" your view more
than Miguel's? "Respect" is earned around these parts by doing heavy lifting,
not by posting messages to mailing lists.