Hello

I am planning to create a new distro of Ubuntu which will have the GNOME 2 look
and feel. For those of you who are subscribed to ubuntu-users, you would have
heard about my plans to create this (Anyone interested in a "GNOME 2 look and
feel" remix?).

Officially called Ubuntu MATE Remix, this will integrate the MATE Desktop
Environment to the power and stability of Ubuntu. In fact, I already had a
working prototype based on Saucy Salamander. You can download the prototype at
https://shared.com/unqjauvtrj

Currently, there are a few issues with the prototype.

1. I do not know how to implement a GUI bootmenu in the Live CD (like the one
used in the Ubuntu Live CD).
2. I do not know how to make the system to autostart the GUI, so the only way
to start the GUI is to type 'startx' on the command line.

I will be generating another prototype based on Trusty Tahr soon.

After testing out my prototype, can you give me a few suggestions to improve
the distro? I hope that this will be officially recognised and supported by the
Ubuntu community.

Yours Sincerly,
Ben Tinner