On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 05:58:26PM -0500, Dale Amon wrote:
> Could someone direct me to the information that is necessary to
> access a root shell on the Aquarius?

See http://askubuntu.com/a/601972/7808 and the other answers there.
After you have ssh (or just the Terminal app if you prefer), sudo just
works (the user password is your unlock PIN).

> I need to install packages and compile my own GNUstep application to run
> on it and display data transmitted to it via a UDP stream via a
> GORM or ncurses5 defined data display.

I suggest that rather rooting your phone and installing packages there,
instead you look into building a click package. Then you can distribute
it to others via the app store if you wish, but also your phone won't
become unmaintainable.

Robie