After looking around the Notepad a bit more, I can see where the
issues are going to come in with storage. It looks to me that there
is no way it can be used as its own development platform. It hasn't
got gcc/gobjc/gcc++ installed, let alone the debian packaging tools.

So I am presuming those folks working on it are building everything
with a cross compiler. So instead of the one day task I was hoping
for, I've got to face the whole learning curve for setting up a
cross compile environment for aarch64.

Can you point me at a HOWTO used to orient the notepad developers
to how to set up their cross-platform development environments?

Dale Amon