hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2016, 16:32 -0500 schrieb Dale Amon:
> On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:35:11PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> > On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 10:30:52AM -0500, Dale Amon wrote:
> > > And just a question... you are saying phone. This is the new
> > > Ubuntu Notepad, not a phone.
> >
> > Sorry, I didn't notice that. I believe it should work the same as the
> > phone, but I'm not sure.

> > may be relevant to you, even if the name isn't accurate any more. I'm
> > not aware of a more specific list for your needs.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Robie
>
> I've succeeded, although one of the items I did was not in the
> docs I ran across. Once I got the terminal installed and got a
> sudo bash shell, I found that I had to:
>
>       mount -o remount,rw /

note that this will likely break as soon as you do the next OTA update
and long term you will run out of space on the readonly system
partition ...

generally it is a very bad idea to make the system writable, either use
a libertine container in the writable space [1] or if you dont want to
use any graphical apps, follow [2]

and as robie said, the ubuntu-phone list [3] is far more appropriate for
the phone and tablet installs where you also will find other users that
have experience with these things.

ciao
        oli

[1]