Dear Ubuntu developers!

I have just upgraded my machines from 12.04 to 14.04.

After upgrades I discovered that there are some issues with keyboard layout
switching.
I have two keyboard layouts - English and Russian.
I prefer to install GNOME FlashBack session into normal Ubuntu (Unity)
flavor.
I tried to set my favourite keyboard layout switching shortcut <Alt+Shift>,
but it does not switch keyboard layouts.
I tried both GNOME FlashBack with Metacity and Compiz sessions. My shortcut
does not switch layouts. Even on clean minimal install.
Of course it works on Unity, but I use it very seldom on one netbook.

Previously I suggested to add test-suite for GNOME FlashBack sessions with
no positive results (see bug 1604466
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1604466>).
I reported new bug 1687466 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1687466>.
I can't set <Ctrl+Shift> because of interference with other
<Ctrl+Shift+key> shortcuts (see bug 1245473
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1245473>).
As temporary solution I set <Super+Shift>, but it is unusual.

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to use <Alt+Shift> as keyboard layout switcher in GNOME
FlashBack sessions?
2. Do you plan to fix <Ctrl+Shift+key> interference?
3. Why we have both gnome-control-center and unity-control-center on simple
system with GNOME FlashBack?
4. What is the future of unity-control-center?

With best regards,
Norbert.