Hi Norbert!

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 12:40:49AM +0300, Nrbrtx wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu developers!
>
> I have just upgraded my machines from 12.04 to 14.04.

You may want to upgrade further to 16.04 or 17.04 (if this is not a typo).

> After upgrades I discovered that there are some issues with keyboard layout
> switching.
> I have two keyboard layouts - English and Russian.
> I prefer to install GNOME FlashBack session into normal Ubuntu (Unity)
> flavor.

A better mailing list for questions related to GNOME Flashback sessions would
be gnome-flashback-l...@gnome.org. But in this case I will help you here too.

> [...]
> My questions are:
> 1. Is it possible to use <Alt+Shift> as keyboard layout switcher in GNOME
> FlashBack sessions?

It is possible. I have just tested the Ubuntu 16.04.2 live image and setting
the “Switch to next source” to “Alt+Shift L” in unity-control-center works
for me.

> 2. Do you plan to fix <Ctrl+Shift+key> interference?

It should be already fixed. Please test if it occurs in Ubuntu 17.04.

> 3. Why we have both gnome-control-center and unity-control-center on simple
> system with GNOME FlashBack?

You do not need both. On Ubuntu 16.10 and older, the GNOME Flashback session
is using unity-control-center. On Ubuntu 17.04 and newer, it is using
gnome-control-center.

From testing the same Ubuntu 16.04.2 live image: if I type “apt-get install
gnome-session-flashback”, nothing pulls in gnome-control-center.

> 4. What is the future of unity-control-center?

I think it will receive only critical fixes, like Unity itself. Do not expect
any new features there.

--
Dmitry Shachnev