On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 2:48 PM Robie Basak <robie.ba...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 11:43:12AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Lallement wrote:
> > This special case is now documented on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AdsysUpdates
> > . Can you please review this exception?
>
> Thank you for putting this together!
>
> From that text:
> > The scope of this exception excludes major changes to existing
> > features.
>
> Current SRU policy distinguishes "They must not change the behaviour on
> existing installations". Is this what you mean, or are you asking for
> further flexbility than that, *allowing* (non-major[1]) behaviour
> changes in existing releases instead?

Our main request is to add new features to existing releases in LTS. The
justification is requirements from customers.
The target audience of ADSys is users of LTS releases, so we want to skip
short-lived releases.

This is all becoming very confusing. We followed the instruction on [1] and
did a wiki page like the one on that page.
Can you please be concise and provide a list of bullet points that must be
addressed to move forward?

Thanks.

JB.

[1]