On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 02:59:39PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Lallement wrote:
> Can you please be concise and provide a list of bullet points that must be
> addressed to move forward?

Question 1. Do you want:

a) an exception that allows you to change behaviour on existing
installations when users upgrade to new versions of adsys that provide
new features within an LTS release?

or b) an exception in which you commit to never making changes
that change behaviour on existing installations when users upgrade to
new versions of adsys that provide new features within an LTS release?

If you answer (a), then this will require an exception to be granted by
the Technical Board, since that would contradict their existing
documented policy.

> The target audience of ADSys is users of LTS releases, so we want to
> skip short-lived releases.

This directly contradicts the Technical Board's existing documented
policy. If you insist then you will require an exception to be granted
by the Technical Board. This will take time, and in the end I think such
an exception is unlikely to be granted. Users upgrading from an LTS to a
newer interim release is currently a supported path, and users using
adsys who upgrade would be regressed if you skip the interim releases.

Question 2: Do you wish to insist on skipping interim releases
regardless?