Hi Lucas,

On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 6:14 PM Lucas Kanashiro <kanash...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi SRU team,
>
> I'd like to ask for an update of the Docker.io group SRU exception [1]
> to also include the two new Docker CLI plugins that are now in the
> archive (Mantic):
>
> - docker-buildx
> - docker-compose-v2

Sorry for taking to long to get to this request.

> They are self contained (no reverse dependencies). They will also
> considerably improve the experience of our Docker users across all
> releases. Those 2 new packages are really tightened to the Docker
> version we have and it would be great to keep it consistent everywhere.
>
> My idea is to not allow the backport of versions .0 of those packages as
> we do with docker.io-app.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DockerUpdates

Approved on the condition that we have a few new DEP8 tests. I think
this is importand because, per SRU exception[1] for this group of
packages, DEP8 tests are basically the only tests performed.

I'm thinking:
a) one for the build functionality with DOCKER_BUILDKIT=1, which is
what will exercise the docker-buildx plugin at a minimum, and verify
the recent regression[2]. A simple Dockerfile consisting only of "FROM
ubuntu:latest" should suffice to begin with, as that would have caught
the regression[1].

b) compose. We can start with a smoke test showing that the plugin is
recognized, because right not it isn't (unless I'm doing something
wrong. After I install bin:docker-compose, I don't see it in the
output of "docker info", nor is the "docker compose" command
recognized. Just "docker-compose" (in lunar).

Does that sound reasonable?

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DockerUpdates
2.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/docker-buildx/+bug/1968035/comments/13