Hi,

On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 6:36 PM Corey Bryant <corey.bry...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 3:54 PM Andreas Hasenack <andr...@canonical.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 5:48 PM Corey Bryant <corey.bry...@canonical.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking a look.
>>>
>>> I've put a full list of rdepends here:
>>> https://github.com/coreycb/reverse-depends/blob/main/reverse-depends
>>>

>> Thanks for this!
>>

>>> It is mostly OpenStack packages, but I did find a few non-openstack
>>> packages:
>>>
>>> fence-agents-compute (Depends: python3-novaclient)
>>> fence-agents-openstack (Depends: python3-novaclient)
>>> fence-agents-ironic (Depends: python3-openstackclient)
>>> jeepyb (Depends: python3-swiftclient)
>>> prometheus-openstack-exporter (Depends: python3-cinderclient,
>>> python3-keystoneclient, python3-neutronclient, python3-novaclient,
>>> python3-swift)
>>> python3-novnc (Depends: python3-oslo.config, Reverse Depends:
>>> nova-novncproxy, qemu-web-desktop)
>>>

>> Interesting, fence-agents are part of the HA stack and looked after by
>> the server team. The rdep on novaclient suggests it could also be relying
>> on command-line options to the /usr/bin/nova tool. I suppose incompatible
>> changes in the command-line arguments are also strictly not allowed?

jeepyb seems to be under the openstack umbrella (
https://opendev.org/explore/repos?sort=recentupdate&language=&q=jeepyb&only_show_relevant=false),
it's just not in the list of packages that are tested together with an
openstack release, right?

I think this is the remaining question mark: what can be done to make sure
these rdeps listed above don't break when the openstack packages get a new
upstream version? Are you recommending that the API and command-line
stability promises are sufficient?