As I wrote in the merge process:

By using the mentioned patch we enable people to use hybrid intel/fglrx
systems with no (at least from my point of view, correct me if I am
wrong) disadvantage at all.

There are two official packages in the repositories, i.e. xserver-xorg-
video-intel and fglrx(-updates), that make the intel/ATI hybrid systems
completely unusable when the two of them are used together.

This issue has to be addressed one why or another:
- My proposal is to revert that specific xorg-intel commit (and use the patch
at least in ubuntu, if upstream does not want to include it). If you think
reverting the whole change is too intrusive, we can discuss that with upstream,
bisect the actual commit and revert just the conflicting (small) change.

- If we decide not to do that, we should include a "Conflicts:"
dependency in the packages, and warn/disallow people to use the fglrx
driver when the xserver-xorg-video-intel is also used

In either case, something has to be done. This is a real problem and we
cannot just ignore it, let people shoot themselves in the foot and blame
ubuntu for fglrx drivers.

Just my 2ยข

which is subscribed to the bug report.

  1002:6760 Switchable graphics on Radeon HD 6400M not working again