I am one of those users and Ubuntu 12.10 is completely unusable to me
without a fix to the hybrid graphics that works incredibly well on
Ubuntu 12.04. Being a developer myself I understand the fact that things
can go wrong beyond your control but the average end user doesn't care
whose fault it ACTUALLY is and will just say that Ubuntu is crap because
it cannot even handle graphics drivers. Hybrid graphics systems are also
exceedingly common. Not solving this is essentially giving the finger to
a very large potential user base.

which is subscribed to the bug report.

  1002:6760 Switchable graphics on Radeon HD 6400M not working again