On Thursday 30 October 2008 00:01:54 Vladimir Dronnikov wrote:
> >  let the next nightly snapshot overwrite it?
>
> I think that's it. No need to keep volatile stuff until a release is done.

Ok.

> On mini-native/system-image:
> As you know I want to link all things statically. But the presence of *.so*
> in /lib prevent some broken packages from respecting even "magnum" '-static
> --static' LDFLAGS.

Try putting it in CFLAGS, maybe?  (Which packages are these?)

> The only way is to not have shared libraries "visible"
> to the linker. One can achieve this by not symlinking /tools/lib -> /lib
> (toolchain binaries won't break since they snoop into /tools/lib directly).
> But then libc.a and friends become invisible to the linker too. I can
> overwhelm this by adding -L${STAGING_DIR}/usr/lib to LDFLAGS and precopying
> *.a from toolchain to staging dir, but this is sort of ugly.

I could create a selective directory of symlinks to just the files you want,
but it seems kind of silly.  How do you ever build these things statically on
a normal host system (ala building 'em natively under Ubuntu?)

> How can I get the goal more elegantly?

Could be a few ways, but I'd like to know more about the problem first.

> TIA,
> --
> Vladimir

Rob