On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Jean-Christian de Rivaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> In the file "adv7183b-2.diff" is the try #2 of the patch to support the
> ADV7183B.
>
> The biggest change is the introduction of the PPI_BASE to allow the use of
> the driver on the BF561 that don't have the bfin_*_PPI_* macros defined.
> This is not the primary focus of this patch, but a necessary change to allow
> testing the ADV7183B chip found on the BF561-EZKIT board. The symbol
> VIDEO_BLACKFIN_CAM_PPI1 is here for the coherency of the code, but is
> completely untested as I don't have the corresponding hardware.

assuming you've tested PPI0, this should be fine

> git version 1.4.4.4 (Debian Etch) don't have git-send-email. Use the diff in
> the patch tracker #4179, or the attached one (there are the same this time).

pfft, gotta live on the edge

>> that's no excuse.  however, the blackfin cam framework is already
>> broken, so fixing this specific one wont help.  might as well mitigate
>> by doing:
>> #ifdef CONFIG_BFIN561_EZKIT
>> #endif
>
> Fixed this way.

why not add your board in the same way rather than commenting it out ?

>>> Will something (pseudo code) like this be acceptable in blackfin_cam.h ?
>>>
>>> #ifdef BF561
>>> <snip>
>>> #endif
>>
>> #undef PPI_BASE
>> <snip>
>> #endif
>
> Fixed with a variation of your proposition.

thanks

only other comment:
+         The BF561 processor have two PPI interfaces, PPI0 and PPI1,
+         instead of the single PPI on the others Blackfin processors.
+         By default the PP0 is used. Select this option if the CMOS
+         camera is attached to the PPI1.

the grammar is slightly damaged.  here's a reworded version:
The BF561 processor has two PPI interfaces, PPI0 and PPI1, instead of
the single PPI on other Blackfin processors.  By default, PP0 is used.
 Select this option if you wish to use PPI1 instead.
-mike