Hi all,

Wonder if anyone has a golden config they could share for a Cisco 887VA
hooked up to a BT line - I guess what is referred to as "Fibre". Zen is the
retailer.

Up until about a week ago mine had been running rock solid, nary a dropout
to be known. Now it seems it cant hold a connection for more than a couple
of hours.

Master socket was replaced (or rather, installed) with one that has a
filter faceplate, because the old incoming wiring was quite janky using
screw terminals and all.

Below is a snippet of my config for reference, any pointers would be
appreciated to restore my once rock solid internet without needing to daisy
chain devices.

FWIW an old HG612 I had laying about seems to be able to hold a connection
just fine - no dropouts in the past 24 hours since I put it in as a test.
The FritzBox that Zen supplied also seemed to be holding a solid connection
prior to the HG612, so it seems like its something related to the Cisco.

According to the VDSL stats the downstream SNR can be a bit jumpy
sometimes, Ive seen it go as low as 1dB, but mostly sitting around 4-6dB. I
do see a few FEC and CRC errors from time to time as well (including on the
HG612).

Thanks

---

controller VDSL 0
 operating mode vdsl2
 firmware filename flash:VA_A_39m_B_38h3_24h_o.bin
 modem UKfeature
!
interface Ethernet0
 mtu 1508